Remembrance Day

Lest We Forget

Take a few moments out of your day to remember those that have fought for our freedom.

Thanks to a grade 8 teacher, that I didn't like too much at the time, there is one poem that I know off by heart. She also had us study the Beatles, so I'm not sure why I didn't like her, but it does sort of explain why I put the word 'forever' after Flanders Fields and then have to delete it.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The birds, still bravely singing, fly