FanPost

If I was AA...

Ok. So I have been getting bored lately with the lack of baseball news so I thought I would make an offseason wishlist to help strengthen the team for next year without killing the farm system and hopefully staying within our "payroll parameters."

Trade 1: R.A. Dickey for Colby Rasmus and Sean Nolin

Dickey has 1 year left at $5m. The Mets are exploring trades for Dickey because they do not have the payroll room to extend him. I am not sure what a 38 yr potential CY Young award winning pitcher is worth, but they need OF help and Rasmus still has a lot of potential as a CF who hits for power.

Trade 2: Derek Holland for J.P.A. and Casey Jannsen

Holland will be in the second year of a 5yr $28.5m contract. Holland had a down year with a 4.67ERA, but his away ERA has about 2 runs lower than his home ERA.

Trade 3: Nyjer Morgan for cash considerations

Morgan had a rough year last year and lost his starting spot to Carlos Gomez. His career line against righties is .297/.352/.385. I think Morgan be a great platoon partner for Rajai Davis. (Another possible platoon could be Skip Schumaker. .357 OBP vs Rigthies and I played against him in high school.)

FA pickup: Melky Cabrera for LF at 3yrs $25m?

Our lineup has tons of slugging but not much OBP. In 2011 with KC Melky's line was .305/.339/.470. In 2012 with SF it was .346/.390/.516. I don't know how PEDs play a role in his performance but it seems like a cost effective gamble.

FA Pickup 2: Freddy Sanchez for utility infield/DH

Sanchez has a career.342/.383/.489 line against lefties. Perfect compliment to Lind at DH plus we can put him at 2nd and move Izturis when Escobar or Lawrie need days off.

This makes our lineup look like this.

VS Righties

1. Yunel Escobar SS

2. Melky Cabrera LF

3. Jose Bautista RF

4. Edwin Encarnacion 1st

5. Adam Lind DH

6. Brett Lawrie 3rd

7. Maicer Izturis 2nd

8. Nyjer Morgan CF

9. Bobby Wilson/ Jeff Mathis C

VS Lefties

1. Yunel Escobar SS

2. Melky Cabrera LF

3. Jose Bautista RF

4. Edwin Encarnacion 1st

5. Brett Lawrie 3rd

6. Freddy Sanchez DH

7. Maicer Izturis 2nd

8. Rajai Davis CF

9. Bobby Wilson/ Jeff Mathis C

Bench:

Mike McCoy UT

Rajai Davis/ Nyjer Morgan CF

Sanchez/ Lind DH

Bobby Wilson/ Jeff Mathis C

Minors (AAA):

Travis D'Arnaud C

Anthony Gose CF

Adeiny Hechavarria SS

I would have them all start in AAA and have them come up around the All Star break or whenever deemed ready.

Rotation:

1. R.A. Dickey

2. Brandon Morrow

3. Ricky Romero

4. Derek Holland

5. J.A. Happ

Bullpen:

Sergio Santos

Darren Oliver

Steve Delabar

Brad Lincoln

Brett Cecil

Jeremy Jeffress

Esmil Rogers

I like this team a lot. Not sure if all the trades and acquisitions are possible, but I think this team could win 90+ and the payroll would be somewhere around $100m. Better OBP than last year. A lot better rotation with a little depth by having Alvarez in the minors. Big power arms throughout the bullpen.