SBN Awards: Rookie Of The Year

Jeff Gross

Mike Trout and Bryce Harper are SB Nation's Rookie of the Year in their respective leagues.

Each year SB Nation gives out it's own version of the Top Rookie, Top Pitcher and Player of the Year awards. This week we are announcing our winners. Today is Rookie of the Year. The AL vote wasn't close....

Player Team 1st 2nd 3rd Points
Mike Trout Los Angeles Angels 26 130
Yu Darvish Texas Rangers 16 7 55
Yoenis Cespedes Oakland Athletics 9 10 37
Jarrod Parker Oakland Athletics 1 6 9
Jesus Montero Seattle Mariners 1 1
Matt Moore Tampa Bay Rays 1 1
Wei-Yin Chen Baltimore Orioles 1 1

It looks to me that 3 of the AL voters felt that Darvish shouldn't be considered a rookie. The amazing thing to me is that someone though Jesus Montero was the third best rookie. I'd like the explanation on that one.

The NL vote was a little more interesting, but then it is a clown question.

Player Team 1st 2nd 3rd Points
Bryce Harper Washington Nationals 26 9 157
Wade Miley Arizona Diamondbacks 8 21 5 108
Todd Frazier Cincinnati Reds 1 4 9 26
Norichika Aoki Milwaukee Brewers 14 14
Zack Cozart Cincinnati Reds 1 2 5
Andrelton Simmons Atlanta Braves 1 1