Marlins Jays Mega Deal Links Post

Mike Ehrmann

In case you didn't hear (hard not to with no hockey), the Jays sent Henderson, Jake, Justin, Mike, Jeff, Yunel and Adeiny to the Marlins for Jose, Emilio, Mark, John and Josh pending approval by Bud. I'm a little bit sorry I missed this one. I heard about the deal driving to midtown Toronto. Fortunately, I was hanging out with a knowledgeable Jays fan so we could chat about the deal so I didn't miss out too much.

Here are the Links.

JAYS RELATED LINKS

Jays Close to Major Deal with Miami Marlins | Drunk Jays Fans | Blogs | theScore.com
DJF's look at THE TRADE.

Blue Jays, Miami Marlins trade: Monster deal raises hope, expectations for Toronto | MLB | Sports | National Post
In Toronto, you wait. Whether you cheer for the hockey team, the basketball team, the baseball team, you wait for brighter day

Blue Jays plunder Marlins in blockbuster trade: Report - The Globe and Mail
Multiple sources say Toronto has acquired pitchers Mark Buehrle and Josh Johnson as well as infielder Jose Reyes from Miami

Blue Jays in blockbuster trade with Marlins: Reports - thestar.com
The Star's look at the TRADE

OTHER MSM SITES

Blue Jays reportedly pull off blockbuster trade with Marlins | MLB.com: News
Alex Anthopoulos threw caution to the wind on Tuesday night by reportedly pulling the trigger on arguably the biggest trade in franchise history, acquiring shortstop Jose Reyes, right-hander Josh Johnson, left-hander Mark Buehrle, catcher John Buck and utility player Emilio Bonifacio.

Richard Justice: It was time Blue Jays made this trade | MLB.com: News
On Tuesday night, in one dramatic stroke -- a pending 12-player trade with the Marlins -- the Blue Jays made the kind of deal that can push a franchise over the top. One deal brought them two solid starting pitchers in Josh Johnson and Mark Buehrle and a dazzling presence for the top of the lineup in Jose Reyes.

How the Miami Marlins Lost Their Minds
Marlins owner, Jeffery Loria There are some articles where you just don’t know where to begin. The roots of this one stretch back to the Montreal Expos, touch on the Baltimore Orioles (he nearly owned them), and have their roots in ripping people off. I’m talking about Jeffery Loria, along with David Samson, and the Miami Marlins. They aren’t a dumb lot, these guys. They have been able to get a ballpark built on the public’s dime that will wind up when it’s all said and done with interest costing $2.4 billion. And, when season ticket money rolled in, they spent it like they meant it. Yes, it was as if they were a drunk sitting a slot machine, simply plugging money into the free agency machine, but then, that plays into the master plan.

With one stunning trade, the Blue Jays become what they claimed they could be - CBSSports.com
CBS Danny Knobler looks at the MeagDeal.

WHAT THE HELL? LINK

Could Blue Jays' blockbuster trade lure Bobby Cox out of retirement? - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN
Please stop. Oh please stop. My mind is officially blown.

VARIOUS SB TEAM BLOG FAN REACTIONS

For many of the fan reaction links you are going to have to do a search and will be a touch dangerous for those whose eyeballs bleed when you see swears (especially the Marlins and Rays links) NSFW.

Miami Marlins Complete Fire Sale With Trade of Josh Johnson, Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle - Fish Stripes
I don't know what it is about Florida. Read at your own risk.

The Rays Tank: Award Voting - DRaysBay
NSFW, Not Safe for Your Sanity... Ugh.

Tuesday Bird Droppings - Camden Chat
Baltimore's reaction to the TRADE.

Blue Jays, Marlins Complete Blockbuster Trade - Over the Monster
Red Sox Fans reactions.

The Yankees And Mike Napoli: The Devil We Know vs. The Devil We Don't - Pinstriped Bible
Yanks Fans reactions.

Marlins Trade Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson, And Mark Buehrle To Blue Jays - Amazin' Avenue
News broke this evening that the Florida-cum-Miami Marlins have agreed to send everybody on their team to the Toronto Blue Jays for some stuff. Financial particulars are hazy, but Jose Reyes, Mark...

Marlins, Blue Jays Making Blockbuster Trade - Bleed Cubbie Blue
Cub's Fans look at the Megadeal

Jays Reportedly Acquire Reyes, Buck, Johnson, Buehrle from Marlins - Lone Star Ball
LSB's take on the Trade.

Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, etc to Toronto - Bucs Dugout
Pirates fans reaction to the trade.

Angels Legend Jeff Mathis Traded to Miami for Josh Johnson, Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle - Halos Heaven
Heh. Obviously the Angles look at the Marlins Jays trade.

Blue Jays reportedly acquire Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, Jose Reyes from Marlins - Baseball Nation
Phight'n's take on the Trade.

Prospects in the Blockbuster Marlins/Blue Jays Trade - Minor League Ball
John Sickels looks at the prospects involved.

THE LOOK FROM MIAMI

The joke is on us: Jeffrey Loria has his stadium and dumps his star players - David J. Neal - MiamiHerald.com
Miami columnist not very happy at all. Loria considered a swear word at this point.

Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, Jose Reyes among 5 Miami Marlins unload in blockbuster trade - Miami Marlins - MiamiHerald.com
Another look from Miami about the deal. Talk about unhappy although I can't blame them.

FROM FANGRAPHS AND MLBTRADERUMORS

For Marlins, Perception Is Now Reality | FanGraphs Baseball
Dave Cameron Looks at Loria and he's right.

Nicolino, Marisnick Key Prospects in Marlins/Jays Deal | FanGraphs Baseball
FG's take on the Jays prospects

Blue Jays To Acquire Johnson, Reyes, Buehrle From Marlins: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com
The Blue Jays have reached agreement on a deal with the Marlins that will send right-hander Josh Johnson, left-hander Mark Buehrle, shortstop Jose Reyes, outfielder Emilio Bonifacio, and catcher John Buck to Toronto for shortstop Yunel Escobar, infielder Adeiny Hechavarria, right-hander Henderson Alvarez, left-hander Justin Nicolino, outfielder Jake Marisnick, catcher Jeff Mathis, and right-hander Anthony DeSclafani. The deal, which will also call for the Marlins to send $4MM to the Blue Jays, is awaiting MLB approval.

FROM DEADSPIN

The Miami Marlins Are A Hilarious Disgrace
Deadspin makes a quite excellent case for the Marlins to be the biggest most hilarious mess in MLB.

Despite All Outward Appearances, Not Every Miami Marlin Was Traded Today [UPDATE]
Deadspin's NSFW but always funny look at the trade.

Last Night's Theme SONG

LMFAO - I'm In Miami Trick (via LMFAOVEVO)