FanPost

Offseason in the Aftermath of a Blockbuster

As we all know by now, Toronto is expected to complete a huge mega-deal with Miami. We plug almost every hole we had coming into the offseason: 2 good starters, a 2B, and upgrading SS. Now I know that we spent a LOT of money to make that happen but I think we still have to make another move or two (or more, hell I love these AA moves). Basically for me we have 2 important topics to address. First, we somehow retained both JPA and TDA which still presents us with the nice little problem of not having room for both of them. Second, we still need to fill LF. Here are a couple of ideas I had:

  1. Trade JPA (and maybe a little more) for a good, controllable LF. I would loved to have thrown in JPA and even another one of the Lansing 3 if it would include Stanton in the deal. Unfortunately, Stanton is currently not making a lot of money so Miami has no problem keeping him. Since that won't happen I'd be happy with Josh Willingham (and probably a little more would be coming our way as well).
  2. Sign a decent FA left fielder. My personal preference would be Melky Cabrera, however I'd have no problem with Victorino or Delmon Young. If we chose this route I'd like to see JPA traded for a young SS/2B prospect since the Miami trade lost us Hech and Yunel.
  3. Sign a relatively inexpensive 1B/DH guy who can make Lind a nice bench option or at the very least be platooned with him.