SBN Awards: Pitcher Of The Year

Eric P. Mull-US PRESSWIRE

SB Nation had their own awards voting, at the end of the season, this is who we picked for AL and NL Pitcher of the Year. The NL vote was a close one with R.A. Dickey just beating out Kershaw and Gonzalez. On the AL side, the 1 first place vote for Jered Weaver is an interesting thing. And the 2 second place votes for Fernando Rodney make no sense to me.

Player Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Points
Justin Verlander Detroit Tigers 23 1 2 171
David Price Tampa Bay Rays 2 17 7 103
Felix Hernandez Seattle Mariners 6 11 7 1 72
Chris Sale Chicago White Sox 4 10 4 36
Jered Weaver Los Angeles Angels 1 2 3 4 23
Fernando Rodney Tampa Bay Rays 2 3 4 18
Matt Harrison Texas Rangers 1 3 5
CC Sabathia New York Yankees 1 1 3
Max Scherzer Detroit Tigers 3 3
Yu Darvish Texas Rangers 3 3
Jim Johnson Baltimore Orioles 1 2
Hiroki Kuroda New York Yankees 1 1
Jake Peavy Chicago White Sox 1 1
James Shields Tampa Bay Rays 1 1
Player Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Points
R.A. Dickey New York Mets 13 11 6 2 157
Clayton Kershaw Los Angeles Dodgers 11 12 8 2 1 154
Gio Gonzalez Washington Nationals 9 7 7 6 5 129
Johnny Cueto Cincinnati Reds 2 4 7 8 6 73
Cliff Lee Philadelphia Phillies 5 4 3 26
Matt Cain San Francisco Giants 1 5 4 17
Cole Hamels Philadelphia Phillies 1 3 5 15
Craig Kimbrel Atlanta Braves 1 2 6 13
Wade Miley Arizona Diamondbacks 3 1 7
Kris Medlen Atlanta Braves 3 3
Lance Lynn St. Louis Cardinals 1 1