FanPost

Eric Hosmer

Hosmer has recently been talked about as trade bait by the KC Royals in their no doubt need of adding to their pitching staff. I am very high on him and think he and Brett Lawrie are at very similar stages in their careers. They are both coming of disapointing sophomore seasons but both have huge upsides for the future. Although I would trade Darnuad for him, they have Sal Perez at C for the future, so what then? I think they would would take Mark Buerhle + David Cooper. Buerhle gives them the pitcher they want without costing them a draft pick, and Cooper could 1B/DH alongside Billy Butler. This would free us up the cash to sign Sanchez or Edwin Jackson. I also think it is a forgone conclusion that Shawn Marcum signs a 2 year 10-12 Mil deal with us 1.Reyes 2.Lawrie 3.Bats 4.Edwin 5.Hosmer 6.Melky 7.JP/TDA 8.Colby 9.Bonifacio/Izturis 1.Josh Johnson 2.Morrow 3.Sanchez/Jackson 4.Romero 5.Marcum Would you even want Hosmer? If so what would be a fair trade for him?