FanPost

Former Managers

Every time I hear someone talk about the vacant managerial position, they talk about how the Jays want a manager with experience. So I figured I'd make a list of former managers to discuss if any of them sound good.

Willie Randolph

Jerry Manuel

Art Howe

Nick Leyva

Larry Bowa

Jim Riggleman

Tom Trebelhorn

Mike Quade

Bob Boone

Dave Miley

Jerry Narron

Pete Mackanin

Phil Garner

Cecil Cooper

Brad Mills

Davey Lopes

Jerry Royster

Ken Macha

Gene Lamont

Lloyd McClendon

Jim Tracy

John Russell

Bob Brenly

A.J. Hinch

Don Baylor

Buddy Bell

Grady Little

Joe Torre

Greg Riddoch

Ray Miller

Mike Hargrove

Lee Mazzilli

Sam Perlozzo

Dave Trembley

Hal McRae

Lou Piniella

Terry Bevington

Ozzie Guillen

Manny Acta

Alan Trammell

Tony Pena

Trey Hillman

Tom Kelly

Bob Geren

John McLaren

Don Wakamatsu

My Favorites:

#1 Willie Randolph- Turned the Mets into a winner, Big-time OBP guy as a player

#2 Ken Macha- played with the Jays and Expos, Great manager with the A's

#3 Jerry Narron- buddy-buddy with Josh Hamilton (our new left fielder)

#4 Tony Pena- managed the Royals so there was probably little he could do, long-time coach of the Yankees

#5 Alan Trammell- Stunk as a manager with Detroit, but he's Alan Trammell

Honorable Mention- Nick Leyva- managed the Phillies and Bench Coach under Cito.

What do you guys think about these potential candidates?