Deal's Off! Dan Haren-Carlos Marmol Trade Nixed

Tradewatch_medium

This is truly a developing story. Earlier tonight, there were multiple reports that the Chicago Cubs have sent reliever Carlos Marmol to the Los Angeles Angels for starter Dan Haren, and Marmol himself went on a radio show in the Dominican Republic confirming that much. But, at around 10:15 Eastern, Cubs beat writer Carrie Muskat tweeted:

Soon after, Jon Heyman also tweeted that the deal was off, after having confirming the deal at just a couple hours prior. Ken Rosenthal then tweeted:

Here's hoping that Alex Anthopoulos is still awake and on the phone with Angels GM Jerry Dipoto to talk about this deal. The Angels must decide whether to exercise Haren's option by midnight Eastern. This is going to be a fun hour and a half.