Blue Jays Sign Four To Minor League Contracts With Spring Training Invitations

Alex Hinshaw - Jake Roth-US PRESSWIRE

Here is a press release from the Blue Jays--sorry we don't have time to write it up.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TORONTO, ONTARIO
NOVEMBER 21, 2012

BLUE JAYS SIGN FOUR

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have signed OF RICARDO NANITA, 2B JIM NEGRYCH, RHP NEIL WAGNER and LHP ALEX HINSHAW to minor league contracts for 2013 with invites to Major League spring training.

NANITA, 31, returns to the Blue Jays organization for a 4th consecutive season after batting .306 with 12 home runs and 62 RBI for Las Vegas (AAA) last season.

NEGRYCH, 27, spent last season in the Washington organization, batting .264 with eight home runs and 39 RBI in 91 games with Syracuse (AAA) in 2012.

WAGNER, 28, posted a 4-2 record with a 5.46 ERA for Sacramento (Oakland-AAA) and Tucson (San Diego-AAA) last season. The right-hander appeared in six games for Oakland in 2011 posting a 7.20 ERA.

HINSHAW, 30, recorded a 1-1 record with a 6.04 ERA in 33 games between San Diego and the Chicago Cubs last season. In 90 major league games, the left-hander is 3-2 with a 5.11 ERA.