BBWAA Blue Jays Awards Announced

Rookie of the Year Aaron Loup - John E. Sokolowski-US PRESSWIRE

Sportsnet's Shi Davidi reports that the Baseball Writers' Association of America, Toronto chapter, has awarded the annual Blue Jays awards to the following recipients for the 2012 season:

Player of the Year

Edwin Encarnacion

Pitcher of the Year

Casey Janssen

Most Improved Player

Edwin Encarnacion

Rookie of the Year

Aaron Loup

John Cerruti Award

Brian Butterfield

The Toronto chapter of the BBWAA has been handing out awards to Blue Jays since their inaugural season in 1977. Jose Bautista had won the previous two Player of the Year awards. Last year, Ricky Romero was the Pitcher of the Year award in, J.P. Arencibia received the nod as Rookie of the Year, Casey Janssen was the Most Improved Blue Jay, and Dustin McGowan was the John Cerutti award winner.

The "Good Guy" award was renamed to the John Cerutti Award after the former Blue Jays pitcher, broadcaster, and good guy died suddenly eight years ago.

Congratulations all for their achievement!

UPDATE

According to the Globe and Mail, the closest race was between Casey Janssen and Brandon Morrow for the Pitcher of the Year award. Janssen received six first place votes and Morrow received five. Who would you have voted for?