FanPost

So it's Shopping Season.

I know this may be the last thing on many Jays fans who can't wait to see what moves will be made next, especially with the Winter Meetings right around the corner. But with the holidays fast approaching, one question passes through my mind. Of all the new Blue Jays players, whose jersey should I get?

When I get a jersey for a player, I really like it if the guy sticks around for more than a couple years.

I'm all set with the likes of Jose Bautista and Brett Lawrie.

So of the new players, Melky, Buehrle, Johnson, Reyes and maybe even Bonafacio, what makes the most sense.

Well lets start with Melky. I think he's a nice pick up that could really be the difference with this team. As much as we all hate to admit it, there's always some question of how he'll perform after the suspension. Personally, I think his average won't take much of a hit, but hey, what do I know. Also his deal is only two years.

Next is Buehrle. A veteran pitcher who has had a consistent, solid career in the AL, not the same in the AL East. He does have a nice multi-year contract though and he is always healthy.

Josh Johnson, short and simple, Cy Young caliber, injury prone, one year contract.

Jose Reyes, as much as I'd love to get a pitcher, is fantastic for this team. Once again, nice long deal like Buehrle, but his injuries and our lovely astro turf are a cause for concern.

Bonafacio, he seems like a utility player whose gonna split time with Izturis at second, so he's at the bottom of the list.

So what do you think?