Mark Buehrle - Alex Trautwig
Mark Buehrle spoke to the media this morning by conference call, here are some of the highlights.
- At first he was "shocked and surprised" by the trade.
- Now: "I think it's sunk in. It's kind of become real. I'm liking what Alex is doing"
- On pitbulls: "It is going to be an obstacle, I don't agree with the ban."
- He tries to 'lead by example'. Wouldn't "call a team meeting' but would 'answer a question' for a teammate.
- Never been on the DL, never had arm troubles.
- On Toronto: "It's a great city. It's one of my favorite places to go."
- He's not worried about taxes.
- His wife was unsure about the trade, at first, mostly because of the pit bull ban, but has come around on things.
- On Josh Johnson: "he's a stud, if healthy. Top of the line starter."
- On Jose Reyes: "he wants to play everyday. He's energetic. Everyone is going to like him."
- Bonifacio is "goofy". "Always dancing".'Comfortable playing center field".
- "The AL East is tough. Right now I'm liking the team."