Mike McDade Claimed By Cleveland, Mike McCoy And Joel Carreno Outrighted To Buffalo, Cory Wade Declares Free Agency

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LOOK AT THOSE CHUBBY CHEEKS - Jonathan Ferrey

The Toronto Blue Jays, via Mike Wilner, has announced several minor moves related to four players who were designated for assignment (DFA) two weeks ago. The designation for assignment transactions immediately removes a player from the 40-man roster and allows teams up to 10 days to decide whether to trade, outright, or release that player. If a player has accrewed more than three years of MLB service, then he can choose to refuse an outright assignment and declare free agency.

  • Joel Carreno, who was DFAed on November 19 to make room for Melky Cabrera, was outrighted to AAA Buffalo Bisons yesterday.
  • Mike McDade, who was DFAed on November 20 along with Mike McCoy and Cory Wade to protect Ryan Goins and A.J. Jimenez from the Rule 5 Draft, was claimed off waivers by the Cleveland Indians. The Indians DFAed Chris Seddon in a corresponding move.
  • Mike McCoy was outrighted to the Buffalo Bisons. If he does get called up next year, at least he doesn't have too far to travel.
  • Cory Wade, who the Blue Jays claimed from the Yankees on October 17, has refused assignment and declared free agency.