Shi Davidi: Alex In No Rush To Find Manager

Tom Szczerbowski-US PRESSWIRE

Shi Davidi tells us that Alex is in no hurry to pick our new manager. He's the only one not in a hurry.

Just when I was waiting for a press release telling us who are new manager is, Shi Davidi tell us that Alex is in no hurry to find the new manager.

"We'll pick it back up after the GM meetings," Anthopoulos says of his manager search. "You can't force the process or rush the process."

Really? No rush? Oh come on.

I know Alex doesn't do anything quickly but he told us it wouldn't take as long this time as last, as it had already talked to many of the best candidates. Wouldn't sooner be better than later. The new manager has to pick his coaching staff, maybe promote a coach or two from our minor league system. It that were to happen, we'd need a little time to find someone to replace those guys to fill the spots on the minor league team.

Maybe, who ever the new manager is, might want to keep some of the current coaches? Wouldn't it be a good idea to pick someone while there are still a couple of coaches haven't signed with another team. Or, if the new manager has people he'd like to bring over with him, maybe it would be best if those people haven't signed somewhere else?

And, course, maybe it would be a good idea to get the new manager soon to show us fans that the team will have a leader next year. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of waiting. It would be nice to know who we are going to disagree with on everything he does next season.

Anyway, lets have a contest. Pick the date and time that you think the new manager will be announced. We'll use the time stamp on the press release as the official time. No prize, as much as the SB lawyers are lovely wonderful people, I don't want to spend the next few days working out the 'official rules' with them.

I'm guessing November 29 at 1:00 PM Eastern time. And by then I'll be so tired of waiting, I won't care anymore.