GM Meetings Day One Rumors

J. Meric

A handful of rumors from the first day of the GM meetings.

No news but a handful of rumors out there:

  • The Toronto media guys are saying that the Jays are going to sign a middle infielder soon. I wonder who? Ryan Theriot, Maicer Izturis, Jeff Keppinger or Marco Scutaro? Someone else? Place your bets.
  • Alex said that he'll have a manager in place before the Winter Meetings next month. And it sounds like he is going to pick someone with experience managing in the majors.
  • Beyond that, Shi Davidi says that a media scrum with Alex didn't reveal much information. Alex has talked to other GMs and some agents.
  • The Diamondbacks are listening to offers for Justin Upton and Trevor Bauer.
  • I love this line: "Jeremy Guthrie is believed to be seeking a three-year contract worth $34MM this off-season". If anyone from SB Nation is listening, I'll take a 3-year contract for half that.
  • The Mets have paid Jason Bay $21 million to go away. He wouldn't be a bad choice for a platoon outfielder, but no I don't want him.

Use the thread to share any rumors I missed.