FanPost

One Stop Shopping - Cleveland Indians

For the Jays it seems that the Cleveland Indians might be their local Walmart Superstore. Get everything you need in one spot, save some gas and time (but probably not money).

Jays needs seem to be 2B, LF and SP this off-season so why not go after Justin Masterson, Asdrubal Cabrera and Shin-Soo Choo in a mega deal?

My proposed deal would involve sending Yunel Escobar, Henderson Alvarez and one of the Lansing starters or Marisnick to Cleveland (plus maybe another lesser prospect). Escobar is a better defender and cheaper than Cabrera so Cleveland may have interest there, Alvarez still has a lot of potential and with the Jays adding Masterson plus hopefully a FA starter he won't necessarily be in the plans here. An elite prospect like one of the Lansing starters or Marisnick would appeal to anyone.

Masterson is 27 and a great ground ball pitcher with an infield of Hech, Lawrie and Cabrera he could be effective, and keeping the ball in play in the dome is key. He's coming off a rough year but was good in 2011

Choo might not be in love with playing LF but would give the Jays a solid OF and as a lefty hitter that gets on base with some speed and power he'd be a good leadoff hitter for the team. He is a FA after the '13 season so the Jays could try to get him signed to an extension or worst case scenario give him a qualifying offer and either have him for 2 years or get a 1st round pick back.

Cabrera has been a good SS recently and has a solid bat but costs a bit more that Yunel but would be more willing to play 2B for the Jays I would think.

Preparing for the dissection of this post now!