Pitcher Jeremy Jeffress Reportedly Traded To Toronto Blue Jays

Ronald Martinez

Agent Joshua Kusnick (@39ontheline) tweeted that Kansas City Royals reliever Jeremy Jeffress has been traded to the Toronto Blue Jays.

Jeffress (or as I spelled it at first "Jerreemy Jefffreeess") is a 25-year old from South Boston, Virginia (not the Boston we hate). He spent most of 2012 with Omaha of the AAA Pacific Coast League.

More to come--I assume.

UPDATE 1 (Minor Leaguer):

Jon Heyman reports that Jeffress was acquired for cash considerations.

UPDATE 2 (Minor Leaguer):

LHP Scott Maine DFAed to make room on the 40-man roster.

SB Nation Featured Video