FanPost

Olt for Arencibia and Gose?

After reading countless articles on rumoured trades for R.A. Dickey I'm wondering this....If the approximate value of Dickey is Mike Olt or Arencibia and Gose (if the Mets resign Dickey) would an Arencibia and Gose for Olt deal make sense? We trade away a surplus catcher and a speedster CFer with a suspect bat tool for a power hitting corner infielder type who could platoon with Lind this year and occasionally spell Lawrie at third. Next year he could take over first base full time.

We know that Texas wants a CFer. They are rumored to be in on Upton and various others and it appears Hamilton is destined for Seattle.

I understand that youth for youth deals are scary for GMs as it's like trading lottery tickets. In this case both organizations are trading from a strength for a need. What do you think?