FanPost

2013 Opening Day Starter and Rotation

I know its months away but with the addition of 3 new pitchers, it seems like the Jays will have options in terms of how they set their rotation. We have a Knuckle Ball Pitcher, 2 Power Arms that throw Mid 90's and have deadly sliders and 2 Lefties. What is the best set up for theses style of pitchers. For me Personally I'd love to see Morrow be the opening day starter but with his injury history, at times high pitch count over 5 or 6 innings and his lack of experience, its not conducive to a #1 at the time.

My Perfect World:

1. Josh Johnson

2. R.A. Dickey

3. Brandon Morrow

4. Mark Buehrle

5. Ricky Romero

Based on Combination of Pitchers We Have:

1. R.A. Dickey

2. Josh Johnson

3. Mark Buehrle

4. Brandon Morrow

5. Ricky Romero

In Scenario 1:

You have Johnson being the ace and show him the confidence we have in him to be our ace and hopefully make signing him back a lot easier. Throw Dickey in as a huge change of pace and have Morrow follow possibly putting some batters in a predicament of Hard/Slow/Hard. Buherle is an obvious choice at 4 because of his innings eating and him and Romero would be the most dominant 4/5 combo.

In Scenario 2:

It strictly based on the fact that our rotation sets up nicely with R/L/R/L and a knuckle Baller at the top of the rotation. Plus in most 3 game series scenarios there is a higher probability of having to face one of each style of pitcher that the Jays have (knuckle/Power Righty/ Lefty) or (Power Righty/Lefty/Knuckle)

Let me know what you'd like to see or even your perfect rotation.