Sportsnet To Air Entire 1992 World Series, And We'll Have Game Threads!

Picture of the Blue Jays right after they won the 1992 ALCS. I don't know if I can identify everyone correctly. From L-R : Pat Tabler, ???, John Olerud, Joe Carter, Pat Hentgen, Turner Ward, Ed Sprague, Pat Borders, ??? (a leftie?). - US PRESSWIRE

Fun game: can you identify that guy standing behind John Olerud... who is he?

A few days ago, Jamie Campbell tweeted that Sportsnet will show the entire 1992 World Series between the Toronto Blue Jays and the Atlanta Braves during the Christmas break next week. Yesterday, Mike Cormack posted the full schedule which I have faithfully reproduced below. Since we now many of you would be watching the games, we will--for the first time ever on Bluebird Banter--have a Toronto Blue Jays Playoff Game Thread (see the beautiful tag above)! Call it a dry run for what we might have on this very site next October.

The only complication is that some game times are staggered across the country on your local Sportsnet station (East, Ontario, West, or Pacific), but the entire country can watch it together if you have Sportsnet ONE for most games. Instead of the normal Game Threads, we will likely have an open thread up and running and you can chime in whenever you want. It's not like there are spoilers to worry about.

Game Times

Game 1 (@ Atlanta) - Tuesday, December 25

  • 3 pm LOCAL on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West, and Pacific
  • 7 pm ET / 4 pm PT on Sportsnet ONE

Game 2 (@ Atlanta) - Wednesday, December 26

  • 3 pm ET / Noon PT on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West, and Pacific
  • 7 pm ET / 4 pm PT on Sportsnet ONE

Game 3 (@ Toronto) - Thursday, December 27

  • 2 pm LOCAL on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West, and Pacific
  • 7 pm ET / 4 pm PT on Sportsnet ONE

Game 4 (@ Toronto) - Friday, December 28

  • 1 pm PT on Sportsnet Pacific
  • 2 pm LOCAL on Sportsnet East, Ontario, and West
  • 7 pm ET / 4 pm PT on Sportsnet ONE

Game 5 (@ Toronto) - Saturday, December 29

  • 3 pm ET / Noon PT on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West, and Pacific

Game 6 (@ Atlanta) - Sunday, December 30

  • Noon ET / 9 am PT on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West, and Pacific
  • 7 pm ET / 4 pm PT on Sportsnet ONE

Game 7 (@ Atlanta) - If necessary

  • Broadcast times TBA