Off Topic Thread: Favorite Christmas Movies

USA TODAY Sports

Tell us about your favorite Christmas movie.

The good people of the house are off at church and I'm enjoying the calm before the storm. I hope Santa was good to you all. Let us know what Blue Jay related presents you received this year.

I thought I'd ask what Christmas movies or TV specials that you can't live without at this time of year?

For me I have to watch A Wonderful Life and Holiday Inn each year.

A Wonderful Life I've likely watched 50+ times. I can do all the lines. It's always good to be reminded the importance of friends. I'll admit to tearing up at the end every time I see it. The funny thing about the movie is that it wasn't popular when it came out. It was too dark. People didn't like it. But Jimmy Stewart would always name it when asked his favorite movie and, well, it was cheap to put on TV, so it got played at Christmas over and over. Times changed, it didn't seem so dark.

Holiday Inn really isn't a great movie. You have to be a fan of old Hollywood musicals to like it. Bing Crosby at his best minimalist acting and great singing. Fred Astaire dancing and showing off his limited acting ability. A pretty silly plot. Bing is lazy, opens an inn that will only be open on holidays, and, as always in these movies, they fight over a girl. Though, with how they treat her, I have no idea why the girl would want either of them, but that's the way those movies go. Women in those movies didn't have much choice in men.

Anyway those are my favorites, tell us about the ones you like best.