Is Jose Bautista Damaged Goods? Links + Boxing Day Open Thread

The Star-Ledger-US PRESSWIRE

Happy Boxing Day everyone!

Could Jose Bautista Be Damaged Goods? - Baseball Prospectus
Jonah Birenbaum writes about Jose Bautista in this free article over at Baseball Prospectus. He does some research and talks to some doctors and is worried about Bautista's wrist injury and what that may do to his power in 2013.

Toronto Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos Is Latest "Genius" - Rant Sports
Harry Dole rants about the media calling the general manager who makes the latest, greatest moves a "genius." I'd love to break this article down but I really have to run to do some Boxing Day shopping, so please do it for me? I don't think Anthopoulos is supernatural, but some of his moves do make him look "genius" (see extensions of Bautista, Encarnacion, and trades involving Lawrie, Wells, Morrow to start with).

A Blue Jays Rendition of "'Twas The Night Before Christmas" - Jays Journal
For all you poetry fans.

Blue Jays Purchase Can-Am Leaguer Davis - Jays Journal
The Jays have picked up some org depth.

The Feast of Henderson the Prolific Thief - NotGraphs Baseball
Navin Vaswani writes about Rickey Henderson, whose birthday we celebrated yesterday.

Best of '12: Baseball Nation's favorite GIFs, Part 1 - Baseball Nation
Everyone loves GIFs!

Late Addition:

The Year in Worst: Baseball Writing - Baseball Nation
Rob Neyer writes about the most horrible baseball writing in 2012.