Hall of Fame Poll: Edgar Martinez

Edgar Martinez - Otto Greule Jr

Would you vote Edgar Martinez into the Baseball Hall of Fame?

Edgar Martinez gets on the ballot for the 4th time. Last time he was on 36.5% of the Writer's votes.

Edgar played 18 seasons with the Mariners, hitting .312/.418/.515 with 309 home runs, 514 doubles, 1261 RBI. He was on 7 All-Star teams, won 2 batting titles, 1 Roberto Clemente Award, and 5 Silver Sluggers.

He has a 62.9 career offensive WAR, good for 68th place on the all-time list.

There are lot of arguments about whether a DH belongs in the Hall. I don't see any reason DH's should be excluded, but I'm not sure that Edgar has the numbers that earn a spot.