Hall of Fame Poll: Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire - Richard Mackson-US PRESSWIRE

Would you vote Mark McGwire into the Baseball Hall of Fame?

Here's one that everyone will have an opinion on.

Mark McGwire's numbers are well known: 583 home runs, 1414 RBI, 1317 walks, a 263/.394/.588 line. AL Rookie of the Year in 1987. 12 All-Star teams. 1 Gold Glove. 3 Silver sluggers. Amazingly enough, no MVP awards.

He is number 8 on the career list in Slugging Average. Number 10 in home runs. 67th in RBI. 63.1 career WAR puts him 91st all time among position players. Credited with helping to save baseball after the strike.

And there was some other stuff. What was it? Oh yeah, Steroids.

And there was the famous 'I'm not here to talk about the past', when asked by congress about it. Gotta wonder what he thought he was there about. He has a fair bit of baggage

This is Mark's 7th time on the ballot, he was on 19.5% of the Writers' ballots last year.

SB Nation Featured Video