Hall of Fame Poll: Mike Piazza

Mike Piazza - Christian Petersen

Would you vote Mike Piazza into the Baseball Hall of Fame?

Mike Piazza was probably the best offensive catcher of all-time. He holds the all-time record for home runs as a catcher.

Over 16 seasons, Piazza hit .308/.377/.545 with 427 home runs, 2127 RBI in 1912 games.

He was Rookie of the Year in 1993, played on 12 All-Star teams, won 10 Silver Slugger awards, got MVP votes 9 times, never winning but coming in 2nd twice, 3rd once and 4th once.

Mike has an offensive WAR of 63.2, good for 66th all-time. He also caught 2 no-hitters.

A pretty amazing career for a guy that was drafted in the 62nd round, only because Tommy Lasorda was his Godfather.

He also had a couple of run ins with Roger Clemens. He was hit in the head by a Clemens pitch, which put him out of the lineup with a concussion. Then, in the World Series, Clemens threw a piece of a broken bat in his directions. Clemens said he was throwing it to the bat boy, but I don't know why he would throw a broken bat that hard at a bat boy. Anyone that gets on Clemens' bad side is aces with me.