Hall of Fame Poll: Sammy Sosa

Sammy Sosa - Getty Images

Would you vote Sammy Sosa into the Baseball Hall of Fame?

There is the same argument against Sammy Sosa as there is for roughly half the guys on this year's ballot.

Sammy hit .273/.344/.634 with 609 home runs, 1667 RBI, in 2354 games over 18 seasons.

You know the story. He wasn't a great player, early in his career, he chased too many pitchers, didn't take walks. Then suddenly he started hitting home runs by the dozen. He and Mark McGwire had a great battle to be the one to beat out Roger Maris for the home run record. They were credited with saving the MLB after 2 strike/lockout shortened seasons.

I'll admit I was never a fan. Mark McGwire had a value before the PEDs, but Sammy didn't.didn't have much value outside of the home runs.