Hall or Fame Poll David Wells

David Wells - Al Bello

Would you vote David Wells into the Baseball Hall of Fame?

I'm going to skip Todd Walker. He had a good bat, for a middle infielder, hitting .289/.348/.435 with 107 home runs and 545 RBI over 12 seasons. Good player, not a Hall of Famer.

David Wells was a very good pitcher, especially when you consider his lack of conditioning. He pitched for 21 seasons, with 9 different teams, including a couple of stints with the Blue Jays.

In total he had a 239-157 record and a 4.13 ERA, with 13 saves. He pitched in 660 games, 489 of them starts.

As a Blue Jay he had an 84-55 record, with a 4.06 ERA and all his 13 saves came as one of us.

He threw a perfect game on May 17, 1998, for the Yankees, against the Minnesota Twins. Wells claimed that he was hung over when pitched that game. David pitched in 3 All-Star games, came in 3rd in Cy Young voting twice and has 2 World Series rings.