FanPost

Fast Forward to 2013

I was kinda interested in looking at potential free agents for 2013 and seeing who if any could be of any interest to our team moving forward. Of course the need for a bat and a starting pitcher are still tops of the list. However the batting options are limited with

Lance Berkman who had a stellar year last year is gonna be 36 and didn't have the best time hitting in the AL east

Mike Napoli who I'd love to sign and AA's first mistake. Will probably get resigned by Texas

and David Wright who when healthy is a beast but a liability otherwise.

Now pitching is whats of interest. Matt Cain and Cole Hamels could both potentially be free agents and if you were AA who would you rather sign.

2011 Numbers

Matt Cain 27

Cole Hamels 28

My pick is Hamel, pitches in a tougher division, tougher ball park and hes a power throwing lefty that would be a great compliment to Romero and Morrow