FanPost

Brett Lawrie for Joey Votto

I was thinking of who I would trade for Brett Lawrie and I listed off the stars: Kershaw, Kemp, Pujols etc. But because Brett is Canadian, I just would not trade him for one of those players. But then I realized Votto was also Canadian. I think that Votto right now is a top 10 player in the MLB. Although, Brett is younger and has more potential than Votto (I think). I don't think I would do the trade, for reasons such as age and years under control. So, would you trade Votto for Lawrie?

edit: NOT A TRADE RUMOUR OR SPECULATION, just a fun discussion