Blue Jays And Casey Janssen Avoid Arbitration, Agree On Two-Year $5.9 Million Deal With Club Option

TORONTO,CANADA - APRIL 1: Casey Janssen #44 of the Toronto Blue Jays tosses the ball to first base for an out against the Minnesota Twins slides on opening day during their MLB game at the Rogers Centre April 1, 2011 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.(Photo By Dave Sandford/Getty Images)

The Toronto Blue Jays will not be attending any arbitration hearings for the 15th year in a row after agreeing to a two-year contract with 30-year old reliever Casey Janssen worth $5.9 million. It includes a club option in 2014, which if picked up, will pay Janssen $4.0 million. Janssen has agreed to make an annual donation to the Jays Care Foundation.

Welcome back, Casey! Time to splurge on a downtown condo.

Update: According to MLB Trade Rumors, Janssen will earn $2 million in 2012 (splitting the middle between the arbitration figures) and $3.9 in 2013. He earned $1.095 million last season.