FanPost

Personal Prospect Lists

With Spring Training upon us, the BBB Community Prospect List nearly through its top 20, and the semi-official BBB list currently being posted, it's a good time to re-evaluate our own personal prospect rankings. Over the offseason, a fair number of rankings have been released from amateur and professional sources, and some prospects seem to have increased in reputation.

By all means let us know why you're particularly high on someone, or why you can't see some other prospect working out.

This thread is for all of us to post our own personal top-prospect lists; you can post as long or as short a list as you like. I'll aggregate our rankings - at least for the top 20 prospects- and if we get enough long lists, for the top 30 and even the top 50. The theory behind the "wisdom of crowds" is that the aggregate judgement of a group of even moderately informed people can surpass the judgements of experts, so what we come up will most assuredly be the best list out there - Goldstein, eat your heart out. I've included links to various prospect lists below the fold; John Sickels, the good folks at Batter's Box and our own hardy leaders have contributed the deepest lists, and are good places to look for names if you're concerned you might overlook anyone.

Fangraphs - Marc Hulet

Baseball Prospectus - Kevin Goldstein

Minor League Ball - John Sickels

MLB.com - Jonathan Mayo

Baseball America - Nathan Rode

ESPN - Keith Law (full rankings non-public; ordinal rankings)

Batter's Box Top 30: 30-21 ; 20-11 ; 10-1 & Honourable Mentions

Jays Journal (in progress)

Our own BBB Community rankings: pitchers ; hitters ; overall

The Official Bluebird Banter Rankings: 50-46 ; 45-41 ; 40-36 ; 35-31 ; 30-26 ; 25-21 ; 20-16 ; 15-11 ; 10-6

Drunk Jays fans put out a handy colour-coded chart that includes some of the above lists to give you a visual idea of what is out there.