FanPost

Should the Jays target Mike Minor?

I'm sure a lot of people have heard what's going on in Atlanta right now. A young, inexpensive player with many years of control and upside might be disgruntled and his club might seek to move him. Sound familiar? Apparently this might be the case with Mike Minor. The Braves have a lot of young arms at or close to the major league level, so they would be dealing from an area of strength. I don't think that means they're aggressively shopping him, but it makes the idea of a trade more plausible. Two of the bigger holes they have is outfield depth and shortstop, so do we match up well?

Right now it seems like Thames or Snider + Hech is too light. But what if Hech starts off the season tearing the top off the ball (stop snickering)? What if the winner of the LF battle starts off the season on fire? Could we see something mid-season? Value wise Gose or Marisnick + Hech probably makes more sense, but I'd assume the Braves want a more ML ready outfielder

Admittedly, this fanpost is a product of baseball withdrawal and I wouldn't say the chances of a deal happening are great, but it does make a little sense from some aspects. Also, feel free to throw out scenarios involving Jose. Those are always fun