FanShot

Fangraphs: Brad Woodrum on JPA

Compares his interesting combination of power and low OBP historically and with other catchers. Don't quite agree with his conclusion that JPA is ikely average defensively. Also, interesting related note: Fangraphs has just implemented passed pitches into their catcher defence, and JPA last year was worth -6 runs, which is one of the worst performances for the 2008-2011 time period it can be measured. THat moved his defensive runs from -5 to -11, and his overall WAR from 1.5 to 0.9.