Wednesday Bantering

We have a handful of bits of Blue Jay news:

  • Brett Cecil gets the start in our first spring game Saturday. The next 4 starts go to Alavrez, Hutchison, Romero and Morrow. The second time through the rotation McGowan gets Hutchison's spot.
  • Ken Rosenthal tells us that MLB will announce that they are adding a Wild Card team, in each league, in the next couple of days.
  • Jayson Stark figures the Jays would be interested in Vlad Guerrero or Maggilo Ordonez, if they would be willing to take a minor league contact. It seems to me that, if they wanted to make the team, they would have to sign very soon. I don't really see the point, I don't think either would be any better than Edwin and I don't see how they could carry both Edwin and one of those two.
  • Stark, in the same post, tells us that some GM's think the Jays (among 19 other teams) have a shot at the World Series this year.
  • Shi Davidi over at Sportsnet mentions that the Jays are giving Adeiny Hechavarria some work at second base this spring, in case Kelly Johnson should go down with an injury and there is a need.
  • Shi also says that Kyle Drabek is showing better control. I think I'll want to see him throwing in a game or two before I'll believe it, but I am expecting a better year from him.