FanPost

Blue Jays Aggregate Prospect Rankings

This is a small attempt to use the so-called "wisdom of crowds" to give us a better understanding of our own prospects. The idea of the wisdom of crowds is that the aggregate judgment of many different observers is superior to the individual judgements. I've used the rankings of Fangraphs, Baseball America, John Sickels, Baseball Prospectus, MLB.com and Batters' Box.

I gave the top prospect 25 points, 24 for the second all the way down to one point for the 25th prospect. I've included the totals to give an idea of the separation between the prospects. Because Marc Hulet only ranked 15, I've included his list for the top 13 prospects, but used just the other 5 rankings for the next 5; as a result, the separation between Hechavarria and Carlos Perez is much less than the numbers indicate.

Observationally, we have a consensus #1; two very close centre-fielders contending for the 2nd spot; and four closely packed pitching prospects behind them.

1. Travis d'Arnaud (149)

2. Jacob Marisnick (137)

3. Anthony Gose (135)

4. Daniel Norris (129)