FanShot

NY Times - Blue Jays’ Morrow Is Trying to Channel the Ace Within

The best power pitcher in the league also has a spot in the clubhouse, but no such fanfare surrounds Brandon Morrow. He struck out 10.188 hitters per nine innings last season — a better rate than that of Justin Verlander, C. C. Sabathia, Felix Hernandez and every other starter in the league. The figure strongly suggests a breakout coming for Morrow, who could be the pitching equivalent of Bautista: a high-impact talent at a reasonable price who took time to become a star.