Quick Recap for March 11 Spring Game: Jays Beat Braves

No pictures yet from today's game, here is Aaron Laffey pitching yesterday. Click on the picture to see more shots from spring training. (Photo by Al Messerschmidt/Getty Images)

Braves 5 Blue Jays 9

The game at the Braves park is rained out. They only got into the second inning with the Jays up 2-0 on a Mathis home run. Kyle Drabek pitched a good inning, 1 k, 2 ground outs.

The Jays win makes them 7-2 on the spring.

Here is a note on Escobar leaving early, Arden Zwelling thwipped:

Escobar exit after 2 AB was because he played 7 inn. yesterday. No injury or discipline. He'll start Mon

No controversy, as much as the media might want there to be.

The game at Dunedin was a good one for our hitters and most of our pitchers:

  • Escobar: 1 for 2, double. .235. And an error.
  • Hechavarria: 0 for 3, .286.
  • Francisco: 0 for 2, walk. .250.
  • Bautista: 1 for 3, double. .400.
  • Lind: 1 for 3. .375. Quietly having a nice spring.
  • Lawrie: 3 for 3, double, RBI. .579. Also got caught in a rundown but got back to second safe.
  • Vizquel: 1 for 2, double, RBI. .500.
  • Johnson: 0 for 2, walk. .200.
  • Jon Diaz: 1 for 1, triple. .400.
  • Arencibia: 1 for 3, RBI, double. .125.
  • Rasmus: 0 for 2, sac fly, RBI. .143.
  • Thames: 1 for 3, RBI. .294. Made a nice play in the field too.

Most of our pitchers had a good day too, except for Oliver and Frasor:

  • Romero: 3 innings, 1 hit, 4 k, 4 ground outs, one line out right at him.
  • Jenkins: 3 innings, 2 hits, 1 earned, 4 k. 3 ground outs, no fly outs. Ashby said he wasn't hitting his spots, early, but he was getting the results.
  • Oliver: 1 inning, 1 hit, home run, 1 earned.
  • Frasor: 1 inning, 4 hits, 3 earned, 1 walk, 2 k.
  • Hoey: 1 inning, 1 k.

I think we did something we've never done before, we had an overflow thread for a spring game. We had over 800 comments about a game that wasn't on TV. Maybe Sportsnet could take note of all the interest in the spring games and show us a few more of them? Maybe. Anyway, the GameThread was great fun, thanks to everyone that joined in. I think we are ready for baseball.

Latest News

In This Article

Teams
Players