FanPost

PARK EFFECTS AND DAVID COOPER

Everyone knows vegas is a hitters haven, considered by most to be the premier hittin park in AAA. Basically the topic i would like to discuss is why someone like David Cooper is basically considered a low end prospect even though he was arguably the best all around hitter in the minors last year. Now i understand age and level and athleticism play a factor, a big one.
However Cooper hit .364/.437, crazy good numbers, a lack of homers to be sure but he had over 60XBH in less then 450ABs, include his mlb ABs and its 70 XBHs in 540 Abs and absolutely stellar number.

So upon hearing about how little he was valued i decided to check out his split, here is what i found. He is a lefty, he hit lefties .392(not a typo), he hit righties .353, he hit .354 on the road, and his lowest average for a month was .336, .366 RISP, and .357with runners on. To me over the course of a season that is absolutely insane. How much credit can go to the park? A guy who hits 40 homers i would understand as those wouldn't be out anywhere else, but a double is a double anywhere unless it should have been a homer, then u factor in he's not a burner tells me he earned those doubles. Also i heard, though i may be wrong, that the only difficult area of that park to hit it out is right field.

Can someone who knows these things explain to me how much dropoff one would expect from a different park at the same level?