Quick Recap: Jays Beat Twins

No pictures, yet, from today's game. Here is Adam Lind from a couple of days ago. Mandatory Credit: Derick E. Hingle-US PRESSWIRE

Jays win again today, making them 9-2, with a tie on the spring. The split squad also beat the Canadian under 18 team too.

Blue Jays 8 Twins 2

Another good day for the Jays. We got 11 hits off Twin pitching, the down side is we struck out 13 times:

  • Davis: 0 for 3, 2 k. .294.
  • Gose: 0 for 2, k. .286.
  • Snider: 1 for 4, double (high off the right field wall), 2 RBI, 3 k. .304.
  • d'Arnaud: 1 for 4, double, 2 RBI, k. .214.
  • Thames: 1 for 4, single, 2 k. ..286.
  • Cooper: 1 for 3, double, RBI, k. .316
  • Sierra: 1 for 3, k. .316.
  • Hechavarria: 2 for 3, double, RBI. .353.
  • McCoy: 0 for 2, hit by pitch, k. ..231.
  • Diaz: 2 for 3, RBI. .429.

So not a great day for either of two battling for the LF job. Snider did make a couple of nice plays in the field and was only a few feet short of a homer. Hechavarria had another good day with the bat.

It was a pretty good day for our pitchers too, except for Rick VanderHurk.

  • Brett Cecil: 3 innings, 1 hit, 2 walks, 2 k. I think there were only 1 or 2 hard hit balls against him. In all, not bad.
  • Rick VandenHurk: 2 innings, 4 hits, 2 earned, 1 walk, 2 k.
  • Evan Crawford: 2 innings, 2 k. He hasn't given up a hit yet this spring.
  • Perez: 1 inning, 1 walk, 1 k.
  • Coello: 2 k.

In the game against the under 18 Canadians, the Jays won 10-2. Scott Richmond had some troubles, 3 hits and 2 earned in 2 innings. The other Jay pitchers, Tepera, Chavez, Carpenter, Magnson, Farquhar and Beck, only gave up 1 hit in 7 innings.

Michael Crouse had 3 hits. Gustavo Pierra, K.C. Hobson, John Tolisano had two hits each.

I'm watching Yu Darvish, he walked the first two Indians but both were thrown out at second trying to steal.