Quick Recap: 2 Homers for Encarnacion, 1 For Arencibia

No pictures from today's game yet, Here is Brett Lawrie from a few days ago. Credit: Derick E. Hingle-US PRESSWIRE

Yankees 5 Blue Jays 7

Another day, another win. A nice game for a lot of Jays, a bit of sloppy defense there at the end but we survived.

The pitchers:

  • Henderson Alvarez: 3 innings, 4 hits, 1 earned, 0 walks, 3 k, 4 ground outs, 1 fly out. A pretty good showing, considering he was pitching against what looks, pretty much, to be the Yankees' everyday line up.
  • Carlos Villanueva: 2 innings, 1 hit, 1 k.
  • Jason Frasor: 1 inning, 1 hit, 1 walk. It sounded like the hit was a ball that should have been caught.
  • Joel Carreno: 2 innings, 4 hits, 4 runs, 3 earned, 1 walk, 3 k. Could have been helped without an error by Chris Woodward.
  • Jim Hoey: 1 inning, 2 hits, 2 k. Jerry said he hit 97 on the radar gun.

Batters:

Woodward and A.J. Jimenez each had an error.

So Edwin takes the lead in the battle for LF.

That makes the Jays 10-2 on the spring. Yeah, it doesn't mean much, but winning is always better than losing. Especially when it is over the Yankees. Tomorrow the Jays have a road game against the Astros, it is on MLB Audio again.