FanPost

Why Greinke, Cain or Hamels means Jays DYNASTY

We all know how great these three pitchers are, and obviously adding one of them on their own would not mean dynasty. However, assuming Morrow finds his form, add RR and lets say greinke for simplicity sake(my fav of the three), now your top three matches anyone in baseball. Couple that with all the stellar young arms we have, who would basically be fighting for two spots and we could have a top three rotation 1-5. I mean Alvarez Drabek combo in the 4 &5 slots would be beautiful, factor in a couple of the young guys could be better then either of the previously mentioned its a crazy good situation.
That alone isnt enough but what it will allow alex to do in trades is something i get giddy thinking about, assuming they would lock Greinke yp for five years, that means hes locked RR is locked Morrow is around for a few and whichever of the two youngins we keep they are locked for six years. That means we have a TON of young pitchers with nowhere to pitch come in. Snider is gone Thames is gone forget about colby and Edwin who, if Lind doesnt perform then him too. Package three or four young arms along with one of the regulars and get a beast for left, name him pick him it doesnt matter as long as he mashes. Add one more serious threat with the bat and along with Jose, Brett,Yunel, JPA, Edwin or Lind, and whoever is in left and a top 5 lineup becomes baseball's best, easily!

I'm thinking about a 2013 line up something like this, Gose leadoff, Brett twohole, Jose, beast left fielder, A quality lind or another first basemen, EE or a serious upgrade, Yunel and with him in the 7slot no team can match, JPA 8, and either Hech or if he struggles a mean hitting 2b. Either way the lineup will be elite, i mean truly elite. along with the staff i mentioned higher it wouldnt be fair, we would dominate. Over paying for a few upgrades will be fine since likeAA stated their comes a time where u sell half the farm to be the best. Our players are mostly on longish contracts allowing u to have a bad system(not to bad) since no positions need to be filled for a few years. Yunel, Jose and a healthy consitent lind are almost unmovable due to their great contracts. One thing is for sure THE JAYS WILL RISE