FanPost

More Prospecting: The List of Personal Lists

Following up on the earlier Personal Prospect Lists, herewith are our aggregate rankings. There were a dozen ballots that listed at least 10 names; nine which went through 15, but only five that went through 25. In essence, I used all ballots to rank the first 9 prospects; the 15-prospect ballots ranked through 13, and the remaining ballots were used to rank through to prospect 25. Roughly speaking, to determine the aggregate rankings I gave 25 points to the top-ranked prospect on a list, 24 to the 2nd-ranked prospect, etcetera.

The List:

1. Travis d'Arnaud (all but two first-place votes)

2. Jacob Marisnick (received the other first-place votes)

3. Anthony Gose (ranked no lower than fifth)

4. Noah Syndergaard

5. Drew Hutchison

6. Justin Nicolino

7. Daniel Norris

8. Deck McGuire

9. Aaron Sanchez

10. A. J. Jimenez

11. Adonys Cardona

12. Adeiny Hechavarria

13. Asher Wojciechowski

14. Carlos Perez

15. Jacob Anderson

16. Chris Hawkins (the largest range of any ranked player- 11 to 25)

17. Marcus Knecht

18. Michael Crouse

19. Kevin Comer

20. Joseph Musgrove

21. Matt Dean

22. Joel Carreno

23. Dwight Smith, Jr.

24. Chad Jenkins

25. Moises Sierra

Just missing: Roberto Osuna, Dickie Joe Thon, Jeremy Gabryszwski & David Cooper

Some comparisons to make: our BBB Community List (largely determined in the early weeks of the off-season) places Carreno, Jenkins and Cooper 14-16, much higher than here. Significantly further up on this list are Chris Hawkins and Jacob Anderson. Nearer the top of the list, Marisnick is up from 4th to 2nd, and Hutchison moves down from 2nd to 5th.

As this compares with the List of Experts' Lists, we find far fewer differences. The experts (on average) have Norris a little higher- 4th, rather than 7th, but otherwise it is shocking to see how closely the lists parallel each other. How much of this is due to the influence of the experts on our own preferences, or simply converging but independent judgements is hard to say.