Friday Bantering

March 2, 2012; Dunedin, FL, USA; Toronto Blue Jays relief pitcher Danny Farquhar (49) poses for a portrait during photo day at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Derick E. Hingle-US PRESSWIRE

It was picture day for the Jays. If you click on the picture on this post you can see more of the photos

After pictures, the Jays played an inter-squad game today. As always the pitchers are ahead of the hitters at this point, but Colby Rasmus hit a home run. Evan Crawford looked good in an inning too.

Alex Anthopoulos talked to Grey Brady and Jim Lang on the radio this morning. Some of the things he said:

  • The extra wild card 'is good for the game, but winning the division is more important'.
  • Coming into this year compared to last is: 'night and day', 'I'm so much more relaxed'. 'Roles are more defined' than last year..
  • 'This is the best collection of talent we've had at the major league and minor league level'.
  • Kyle Drabek...'is a guy that is starting to open some eyes, from a mechanical stand point and a strike zone stand point'. And he compared him to Ricky Romero when he was in the minors. 'Kyle is finally starting to get it now'. 'I was encouraged by his last time out here.'
  • On what Omar Vizquel can do for the team: 'The best test will be games and seeing if his shortstop play'. 'For his age he is in unbelievable shape'.
  • On whether there are trades coming: 'We are done making moves'. 'At the end of spring training some guys will become available, guys that have run out of options will be available'. 'I believe, the talent we have today is what we will open the year with'