Spring Training GameThread: Jays @ Red Sox

A rare evening spring game. And it is on MLB TV as well as audio. Unfortunately I'm out tonight so I won't get to see much.

Aaron Laffey gets the start tonight.

Dustin McGowan started in a minor league game this afternoon. It didn't go well. He gave up 6 hits, 2 walks and 5 earned, while getting 7 outs, 5 of them strikeouts. I wouldn't read too much into it. It is possible that he was working about particular pitches or that he's hit the dead arm time of spring or that it was just one of those days.

Jays lineup:

Kelly Johnson, 2B

Yunel Escobar, SS

Jose Bautista, RF

Eric Thames, LF

Edwin Encarnacion, 3B

Colby Rasmus, CF

Travis Snider, DH

David Cooper, 1B

Jeff Mathis, C

I wouldn't read anything into the fact that Johnson is leading off today. It's spring, managers try things.

Again a reminder about the ban on talking about illegal thread. Please don't.

Be Civil. Go Jays.