Quick Recap: Jays Beat Red Sox

Blue Jays 9 Red Sox 2

Another good day for both out pitchers and our hitters. Kind of surprising, since we didn't have our 'A' team pitchers going tonight. We are 14-4 so far this spring.

Pitchers:

  • Aaron Laffey: 5 innings, 3 hits, 2 earned, 0 walks, 3 strikeouts, 1 home run. He had a really good game. He only had troubles in the second inning, when he gave up a hard hit double and a long home run to Kelly Shoppach. He only allowed one other hit.
  • Andrew Carpenter: 2 innings, 2 hits, 1 k.
  • Jesse Chavez: 1 inning, 2 k.
  • Robert Coello: 1 inning, 1 walk, 1 k.

Batters:

On the Boston side, reliever-turned-starter, Daniel Bard, had an up and down 5 innings, giving up 3 hits, 3 earned, 3 walks, with 2 strikeouts. I don't know if I'd be confident about having him in the rotation, if I were a Red Sox fan. Former Jay Jesse Carlson got into the game, he face one batter, giving up a single to Eric Thames, and was pulled from the game. Only Bobby Valentine would use a pitcher to get one batter in spring training.

Tomorrow the Jays play the Orioles in Sarasota, and we are back to afternoon games, with a 1:00 eastern start. Kyle Drabek get the start.