Quick Spring Recap: Jays Beat Orioles

No picture of gamesFor the last couple of weeksThis one will suffice Mandatory Credit: Derick E. Hingle-US PRESSWIRE

Blue Jays 6 Orioles 3

A come back win, fun
Even in the spring time. The
Orioles are bad

The GameThread was weird
People talking in Haikus
(or is haiku plural?).

Jays 15 and four
Ready to start the season
Man, I hate Haikus

Pitchers:

  • Kyle Drabek: 3.1 innings, 3 hits, 2 earned, 2 walks, 3 strikeouts. 4.82 ERA. Not a good showing and he really needed a good showing if he was to have a chance at the rotation out of camp. I was hoping he'd do well, because I'm starting to worry about the possibly of Aaron Laffey making the rotation.
  • Luis Perez: 1.2, 2 hits. Still 0 ERA this spring.
  • Francisco Cordero: 1.0, 2 hits, 1 earned, 1 k, 1 home run. 3.00 ERA. Not impressive.
  • Casey Janssen: 1.0. Still a 0 ERA.
  • Jim Hoey: 1 innings. 0 ERA.
  • Ronald Uviedo: 1 inning, 2 hits, 3 k. 0 ERA.

Batters:

  • Rajai Davis: 0 for 3. .267.
  • Anthony Gose: 0 for 1, walk, reached on error. .292.
  • Omar Vizquel: 2 for 3, double. .435. I think he has won a spot.
  • J.P. Arencibia: 1 for 3, home run, number 4 on the spring, tying him with Snider for the team lead. .214.
  • Adam Lind: 0 for 3, k. .214.
  • Ben Francisco: 0 for 4. .207. We are going to send down Travis or Eric and keep him. I'm sad.
  • Travis Snider: 1 for 2, double, walk. .333. Gives him 5 doubles for the spring. Second to Brett Lawrie on the team.
  • Yan Gomes: 2 for 4, double, k. .474. He started the game at 3B. Hasn't played third in his 3 minor league seasons.
  • David Cooper: 0 for 2, 2 walks. .294.
  • Mike McCoy: 0 for 3, k. .185.

Reading the Haikus
Makes Tom's head hurt. He needs a