Quick Spring Recap: Blue Jays Beat Phillies

Phillies 0 Blue Jays 2

The wins keep coming, we are 16 and 4 now.

Not many hits to be had today, 6 for us, 4 for the Phillies.

Jays batters:

  • Johnson: 3 for 4, RBI, double, stole third. .294. Kelly managed not to score on a Bautista double to the wall in the first. He, apparently, figured the ball would be caught. Was picked off first too.
  • Escobar: 0 for 3, k. .235.
  • Bautista: 2 for 3, 2 doubles, stole 3rd. .333.
  • Lind: 1 for 3, RBI, k. .226.
  • Encarnacion: 0 for 3, k. .275.
  • Thames: 0 for 3, k. .324. Made a couple of nice plays in the field.
  • Arencibia: 0 for 3, k. .242.
  • Rasmus: 0 for 3, 2 k. .188.
  • Francisco: 0 for 2, k. .194.
  • Snider: 0 for 1, got on base on a Scott Posednik error. Sounded like a hard hit ball. Then scored on a Kelly Johnson double, on what must have been a hit and run.

Pitchers:

  • Morrow: 5 innings, 1 hit, 2 walks, 1 k. 0.68 ERA. 7 ground outs, 3 fly outs. Seemed like he was pitching well, Wilner was saying his fastball control wasn't good and was questioning his velocity. But he got the results.
  • Villanueva: 2 innings, 3 hits, 1 k.
  • Oliver: 1 inning, 1 k. I think it was his first decent inning of the spring.
  • Frasor: 1 inning, 1 k.

The Jays play the Rays tomorrow, in an evening game.