FanShot

Keith Law chat transcript - 3/22/2012

19

Here is Keith Law's chat transcript from today. I've pulled out the Jays related questions/answers. The Beede quote below made it sound like he was hurt, anyone know anything about this? About Tyler Beede Ian (Toronto) Hey Keith. The Jays missed out on signing Tyler Beede, much to the disappointment of fans. Now that time has passed and we have more data on Beede, do you think this is a miss the Jays will come to regret? Klaw (1:13 PM) No. And they didn't miss out. The two sides couldn't agree on how healthy he was, so the discussion fell apart. He has not looked good so far this year, according to a half-dozen scouts I've talked to who've seen him. About Joey Votto: Ron (Toronto) It seems like for the next two years, there will be an endless Joey Votto-Blue Jays discussion in Toronto. Given the Jays likely timeline and team needs, is Votto the player you would suggest they go "all-in" on, whether it's in free agency, a trade, or a trade and extension? Klaw (1:46 PM) Great player, but I don't get the whole "sign every Canadian you can" concept. How about just signing the best players? About Delgado/Doc Daniel (Charlotte) What is the single greatest 1 game performance you have scouted? Klaw (2:14 PM) Can I count two from Toronto? Delgado's four-homer game, or Halladay's 99-pitch 10-inning CG against that awful Tigers team in 2003. Took a no-hitter into the 8th when Kevin Witt broke it up. I don't buy into the whole "inevitability" thing, but those were two instances were I felt from early in the game that I was watching something different.