Another comeback win, Jays scored 4 in the 9th to win another. We are 17-4 now.
- Brett Cecil: 2.2, 4 hits, 4 earned, 5 walks, 3 strikeouts. 3.55 ERA now. He threw 80 pitches in his 2.2 innings. Since He had only given up a run, up to this point in the spring, I'm willing to write this off to the dead arm period of spring training, but I hope the next start is much better.
- Andrew Carpenter: 1.1, 4 strikeouts. 1.23. Can't do much better, faced 4 batter and struck each one out.
- Jesse Chavez: 1 inning, 1 hit, 1 walk. 2.57.
- Drew Hutchison: 4 innings, 2 hits, 1 earned, 1 walk, 1 k. 3.27. Nice outing for Drew.
- Rajai Davis: 1 for 4. .265.
- Travis Snider: 0 for 3, walk, k. .302.
- Ben Francisco: 0 for 1. .188. Left the game after his at bat. Mike Wilner says it is a pulled hamstring, which, Wilner figures, would put him on the DL for the start of the season. I'm not so sure, diagnosing from a distance is a tough thing to do. It doesn't mean that both Travis and Eric would make the opening day roster. The Jays could do any of a number of things, many of which would make me unhappy.
- Anthony Gose: 0 for 3, 3 k. ..259.
- Edwin Encarnacion: 1 for 1, home run, 2 walks. .293. No errors at third but the Rays radio people figure he messed up by not covering third on a double steal, allowing the runner the base, uncontested.
- Brian Bocock: 2 walks, RBI.
- Eric Thames: 1 for 3, k. .325.
- Brian Jeroloman: 1 for 2, RBI. .286.
- David Cooper: 1 for 4, k, RBI. .289.
- Jeff Mathis: 1 for 3, k. .167.
- Yan Gomes: 1 for 2, double, 3 RBI. k. .476. Drove in the winning runs in the 9th. Gets the Jay of the Day.
- Luis Valbuena: 0 for 3, k. .214.
- Mike McCoy: 0 for 1, walk. .172. Also made an error at second.
- Jonathan Diaz: 1 for 2, walk, k. .481.
So a really bad day for Brett. Good day for Edwin, Drew and Yan.
Tomorrow the Jays host the Braves in Dunedin. 1:00 start, will be on radio in Toronto.